Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2010

Chicken Wings

Hey,
Today I'm going to show you the chicken wings.They don't have a great or interesting history, it's more of a story where something is invented by a kind of a coincidence. 
Anyway, the whole story began in 1964 in Buffalo, NY. The owner of the  "Anchor Bar", Theresa Belissmo, was surrounded  by a horde of hungry boys. According to the legend, she had already used all the good parts of the chicken, so now she had to invent something for the left over parts of the chicken, the chicken wings. She fried them in oil, dipped them in a butter-Tabasco sauce, and served them with vegetable sticks and a blue cheese sauce to take the acidity away . That's the whole story.
I think it's very funny that they began like that. I mean she invented it by accident , and today we all know and love chicken wings, so be thankful to the horde of boys, because without them we wouldn't have chicken wings today, of course we also have to be thankful for Teresa Belissmo.
Of course I tried to make chicken wings too, but- I'm really sorry for what I did- because I didn't buy  chicken wings, I bought chicken pieces without bones, because the chicken wings cost more and have less meat. I know it doesn't matter for many people but it did for me, so I didn't buy chicken wings.
So I didn't really make "chicken wings", I made chicken with the chicken wings recipe, with vegetables and blue cheese sauce. It was yummy, but I don't think it was suuuper extra delicious like the original ones, which isn' t really possible because I didn't know at this time what they would taste like, and they are really, really good. 
Chicken Wings

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen