Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2010

Spare Ribs

Today I will introduce you to Spare Ribs.
Spareribs are cured pork chops. 
They weren't invented in the U.S. I know you will say now, "Are you serious?"  And my answer is, "I'm totally serious!" It was a surprise for me too, believe me. Guess from which country they come now? No, not England because the word Spare Ribs is English. They came from Germany. Yes, you heard me right, from Germany. The reason they have the name Spare Ribs is because in Germany they were called Ribbenspeer (which means rib spear), and the people from England who brought it from Germany to England (and later to the U.S.) just left the word as it was and spoke it English- Rib Spare-which later became Spare Ribs. So actually it would have to be a typical German food, but it isn't, everyone just knows it as THE typical U.S.  American barbecue food.
Whenever someone talks about Spare Ribs, and that they come from the US, start shouting: "Wait, I know it better!" and tell where they really came from, because you do know it better! Well, if you are very shy I guess you don't have to shout, but at least you can smile to yourself and think , "Your story is wrong man, I know it better." I think I would rather do the second alternative, but the first one sounds very fun, doesn't it? And you would have something to talk about!
But anyway, I made Spare Ribs at home, of course, but I forgot to take a picture of it , so I took a picture from the internet to show you what it looks like. Here it is:

Spare Ribs

Doesn't it look yummy?
I think it does!



...And don't forget to correct people if they say it wrong!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen