Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2010

Day One-The West coast

Hey everyone,
Today was my first day of  "COOKING THROUGH AMERICA". I will cook from West to East to show you how America cooks in every region and tell a little bit about their history.
So my first meal is from the West coast, it's called "Californian pizza", pizza with mushrooms and onions. I know it doesn't sound very hard to cook, it actually wasn't, but I wanted to start with something easy and I can't cook a live lobster or something, because it is impossible to get that here in a little village.



Hawaii
But back to the historical part of the West coast . The West coast includes the 5 (red framed) states Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska and Hawaii,  but the last two states, Alaska and Hawaii, don't really belong to the West coast because they aren't connected directly to the other three.The West coast includes the famous Olympic National Park in Washington, the popular Hawaiian Islands, the Golden Gate Bridge in Californian,and  the Crater-Lake-Park in Oregon.  The West coast was populated in the end of the 19th century, it was the last part of the USA that was populated. The majority came to California because of the gold fever, which began at the end of the slavery, so there aren't many colored people, and southern California is populated by many Mexican people. The California cuisine is known as a combination of American, European, and Chinese food. Because of the moderate climate, fruits and vegetables grow very well. Hawaii has many exotic influences and is known for the frequent use of coconut.
Olympic National Park
Golden Gate Bridge
Crater-Lake-Park

So now you know a little bit about the history of the West coast, but I didn't say anything about how my pizza tasted. Are you interested to know how it tasted and what it looked like?? (I use the past tense because right now there is just a little piece left of the pizza. No, the dogs didn't eat it, thank God,  my family and I did).  Okay, I will show you what it looked like,  and can tell you that my pizza tasted very good and everyone liked it. The photos are just to show that I really did cook:
Before baking...




...after baking


     




    
       
      

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen