Samstag, 16. Oktober 2010

Day Three-Mountain states

Hey everybody,
It's me again. Today we are in the Mountain states and I cooked salmon with lime sauce, a special recipe found in this high country even though the salmon and limes did not originate here.
Natural Bridges National Monument
The Great Plains
The Mountain states are Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. The Rocky Mountains are a range that stretches through America and into Canada. The Rocky Mountain states have very famous historical sites, like the many National Parks in nearly every state, and the Natural Bridges National Monument in Utah or the Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.
Mount Rushmore Monument
This reminds me of one of the most famous monuments, Mount Rushmore National Memorial in South Dakota, which of course is not one of the mountain states, but it is where the four American presidents  George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln (from left to right) are carved in stone.  This monument was begun in 1930 by John Gutzon de la Mothe Borglum.  Maybe you know it from movies like "Mars Attacks!", or "Head of State", not that I know these movies, I just read that they remove the heads of the 4 presidents in "Mars Attack!" and put alien heads in their place. That sounds just strange and stupid,  I mean imagine if you were an alien, why would you go to earth to put some alien heads in stone??? They must have better things to do, like killing people like they do in many alien movies.
I´m sorry, I just had to say that, but back to the main theme, I was writing about the Mountain states and the food there. In the Mountain states venison and elk are often eaten. I cooked fish because it's forbidden here to go hunting in the woods, and besides I don't want to hunt, sorry everyone maybe another time. Also very popular are salmon and trout.
This time when I cooked nothing bad happened like on "Day Two" with the doughnuts, and it tasted really good.  The only bad thing was that we had three salmon filets, one for each person, and I ate a half in the beginning, and later when I wanted the other half my father had already eaten it, and I only had mashed potatoes with sauce which was soooo good, -yummy- and no fish.
On the right of the plate is some salad I made and on the left mashed potatoes.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen